Valeria has traveled all over the world teaching body percussion. From engaging inner city youth in New York City to working with professional companies across Europe and South America, Valeria's passion for rhythm is contagious.
What is Body Percussion?
Body percussion converts our body into a moving instrument. It is a discipline that integrates movement with the great variety of sounds we can produce with our body.
During class we will use some theory-based notions and exercises of rhythms that will help to improve our coordination and our capacity to listen to ourselves and the group. Gradually, you will obtain choreography in which you will move through the rhythm and the music of your own body. Body Percussion is a discipline recommended for adults and kids, for dancers, actors, musicians, or just people that like rhythm.
What happens in a Body Percussion Class?
Specific workshops for dance and/or acting companies help to improve communication in the group and empower creativity through teamwork.
- Through basic notions we’ll work the coordination and you will discover the own sound of your body
- We’ll learn how to listen each other through different kind of rhythms
- We’ll work on improvisation and choreography
BODY PERCUSSION TEACHER EXPERIENCE:
- BODY PERCUSSION at Triple Threat Program (Stamford, Connecticut)
- BODY PERCUSSION/DIRECTING Workshops at El Espacio, Pura Vibra Producciones (Lima, Perú)
- BODY PERCUSSION at Salgado Productions Musical Theater Workshop (NYC)
- BODY PERCUSSION/MOVEMENT at The Acting Studio 1 Year acting for Film and Theater Conservatory (NYC)
- BODY PERCUSSION at Dance, See & Sun Festival (Malaga, Spain)
- BODY PERCUSSION at Revolucion Latina Beyond Workshop Series (NYC)
- BODY PERCUSSION at D2GB Children’s Performing Art Camp (NYC)
- BODY PERCUSSION at Mandragora Company (Lima Perú)